Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Absolute Best Way to Make Cookies!

The smell of fresh-baked cookies is probably one of the most delicious smells in all the land!  I love making cookies, and I love eating cookies, but I don't always have time to make a fresh batch.  Awhile ago, I discovered a secret way to enjoy cookies on a regular basis without baking every single day.  On occasion, we will make freezer meals to help with dinnertime chaos, and I decided to experiment by freezing my cookie dough in ready-to-serve portions.  My experiment turned out perfectly, and now we have fresh cookies whenever we want with no more work than turning on the oven.  The steps below describe how I make freezer cookies.



Step 1:  Whip up your favorite cookie recipe.  Currently, our favorite is peanut butter chocolate chip (I'll share my recipe soon).  I generally make a double batch.



Step 2:  Layer a cookie sheet with parchment paper (foil works, too).  Scoop out your cookie dough (usually about 1 tablespoon) and place on the sheet.  You do not have to worry about spacing here, but I would not let them touch.



Step 3:  Place cookie sheet in freezer for about 15 minutes.

Step 4:  Remove cookie tray from the freezer and place cookies in a freezer bag.  Label the bag with type of cookie and temperature/time for baking.  Put the bag full of cookies in the freezer.



When you are ready to bake some cookies, put the cookie dough on a cookie tray and bake!  I let the cookie dough sit on the tray on top of the counter while the oven preheats.  I also have learned that I usually need to add 1-2 minutes to the cook time.

No comments:

Post a Comment